The Best Summer Cologne for Men
The sunny days and crystal blue skies of summer are upon us, which means it’s the perfect time to break out yummy and refreshing cologne scents. But many summer colognes for men fall short of delivering a truly unique finish. Something that plays off popular scent notes but brings something new to the table will help you smell good and feel confident all summer long.
Below, we dive into our picks for the best summer cologne options to help you find one that fits your preferences. All OffCourt fragrances are formulated at an optimal 10% concentration that effectively balances staying power and strength. Our vegan and cruelty-free natural formulas contain no parabens, preservatives, or phthalates, so you can enjoy smelling amazing without irritating your skin. No matter what you choose, trust OffCourt to deliver unmatched results.
Fragrance Notes: lemon, mandarin, grapefruit, driftwood, green apple, sea breeze, patchouli, white musk
As our most refreshing scent, Fresh Citron + Driftwood is sure to delight the senses. Its lively, fruity notes combine with the light woodiness of driftwood to create a complex, full-bodied scent.
If you’re looking for a fresh fragrance that communicates energy, adventure, and fun, Fresh Citron + Driftwood is the choice for you. A few spritzes of this woody citrus cologne are all it takes to transport yourself to invigorating days spent in the warm summer sun.
Fragrance - Fresh Citron + Driftwood
Fragrance Notes: Verdant fig, white musk, vetiver, cedar, lime, violet leaves, rosewood
For those on the hunt for a fresh fragrance with a “green” twist, Fig Leaves + White Musk is a natural top choice. This fragrance’s herbaceous scent features green fig and fig leaves to create a “green” and earthy profile that’s unique and cozy. Vetiver brings a mossy, woodsy layer to the table, while white musk tops things off with its clean, crisp airiness.
The result is a scent that’s as natural smelling as it is heavenly. Fig Leaves + White Musk is perfect for people who like green scents.
Fragrance - Fig Leaves + White Musk
Fragrance Notes: cedar, sandalwood, coconut, bergamot, Meyer lemon, black pepper, patchouli, geranium
Few things are associated with scents for men more than a great woody cologne. This fragrance combines cedarwood cologne and sandalwood cologne into one amazing-smelling package. What sets Coconut Water + Sandalwood apart, though, is the beautiful balance struck by its other ingredients.
Both coconut water and bergamot add a spicy-sweet edge to this scent, breaking up the heaviness of its woody undertones. It tip-toes the line between a dark and light fragrance, making it an ideal choice for those looking to drum up intrigue wherever they go.
Coconut Water + Sandalwood, like our other fragrances, offers high-end luxury at an affordable, everyday price. You won’t find another woodsy coconut cologne for men like ours anywhere else.
Fragrance - Coconut Water + Sandalwood
How to Choose Cologne & Use it Wisely
A signature scent is just like the name implies – a signature. It’s a smell that you and others grow to associate with your energy and persona. As a result, choosing a cologne that fits your preferences and how you carry yourself is key.
But doing that can be easier said than done, especially if you’re new to wearing cologne. Below are some tips to help you discover how to choose cologne that ticks all the right boxes.
- Analyze Your Style. Take a step back and think about what makes your style unique to you. You might, for instance, tend to dress in darker colors or prefer to see yourself looking polished and professional. Or maybe you tend to opt for more casual threads that help you feel comfortable.
- Brainstorm Some Adjectives. It may help to think not of the specific scent notes you want but of how you want to smell overall. Adjectives can help you narrow things down enough to pick individual scents that fit your needs. Maybe you’d like to smell “earthy,” for instance, or “fresh and attractive.”
- Consider the Message You Want to Convey. The way you smell can say a lot about you. A cologne can help you appear more confident, approachable, attractive, and even sophisticated. But not everyone has the same goals for their cologne. Consider what yours are to help you find a scent that feels true to you.
Even once you’ve found the best summer cologne for you, it’s vital to make sure you apply it properly. Too much cologne can quickly become unpleasant, but too little might fade before you get a chance to head out the door.
Keep tips like these in mind as you apply your cologne to maximize its effects and avoid wasting product:
- Always apply cologne to clean skin. Sweat, dirt, and oil on your skin can keep cologne from adhering to its surface and delivering pleasant scents throughout the day.
- Apply cologne to your “‘pulse points” or areas on your wrists and neck where you can feel your pulse. These spots are some of the warmest on the body and can help your cologne’s scent spread.
- Start low and work your way up in terms of spritzes. It’s very easy to overdo it when using a quality cologne, so start with one spritz to your target areas and go from there. Remember, even if you go nose-blind to the scent, others certainly won’t. Give it a few wears to test out how long your cologne lasts before making adjustments.
Choosing the best summer cologne is an effort well-worth pursuing. Turn heads and stand out from the crowd this summer with a fragrance that complements your style and preferences from OffCourt. Our scents are designed to last the whole day so that you can focus on what matters most: enjoying your time and having fun!